Maximus International Pty Limited ACN 098 163 378 (“Maximus”), including our employees, agents, contractors and associates, understands that privacy and how we collect, use, disclose and protect your information is important to you. We are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information and to complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (“APPs”), which are contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (“Privacy Act”).
In summary, personal information is information or an opinion (whether true or not) about an identified, or reasonably identifiable, individual.
- What personal information does Maximus collect and hold?
Maximus is one of Australia’s most progressive leadership firms, working extensively with an impressive portfolio of Australian and international organisations to create relevant, astute, insightful and authentic leaders.
The type of personal information we collect and use will depend on various factors such as the type of service you request or use and any applicable legal and regulatory obligations. This may include, but is not limited to, collection and use of the following kinds of information:
- Contact: information that allows us to communicate with you,
- Identity: information that allows us to identify you,
- Professional: information that helps us to understand more about you including your employment history, qualifications, talents, skills and abilities,
- Financial: information that allows Maximus to pay you should you be engaged as an employee or contractor,
- Other individuals: information we request, or that you provide, about an individual other than yourself such as an employer, employee, contractor, manager, etc.
The purpose for Maximus collecting such information may include, but is not limited to, the following circumstances where you:
- instruct Maximus to provide you with professional services;
- have business dealings with us;
- participate in a Maximus offering or program;
- purchase or subscribe to a Maximus online service or application;
- subscribe to our website (which includes our website’s sub-domains or microsites) or to one of our mailing lists;
- receive marketing communications and information relating to our services which we think may be of interest to you;
- attend a Maximus event;
- arrange or provide you with competency or psychometric tests and assessments;
- apply or register your interest in employment with Maximus.
The personal information we will collect from you will usually include your name, title, address, email address and contact numbers (telephone, mobile). If necessary for the purposes of providing advice to you, or for providing you with other information (such as email updates) sometimes we may collect other personal information from you, such as the areas of our business which you are interested in. We do not collect personal information that we do not need.
Please note that, while we seek to minimise the personal information we collect, if you do not provide us with the personal information we request, we may not be able to provide you with the services and other assistance you seek.
Generally, we endeavour to collect personal information directly from the individuals concerned. However, if this is not practicable, we may collect personal information about individuals from third parties, including from publicly available sources. If we do, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individuals concerned are made aware of the collection of their information.
As a general rule, Maximus will not ask to collect sensitive information about you (such as details of your racial or ethnic origin, political affiliation, religious beliefs, sexual preferences, criminal convictions or health information) unless it is needed for the purposes of providing our professional service. However, in circumstances where Maximus requires sensitive information from you, Maximus will first seek your consent to collect it.
- How does Maximus use personal information?
Maximus’s policy is only to use personal information collected from business contacts for the business purpose for which it was collected.
Maximus need to collect personal information so that we can provide our products and services, and conduct our business. We also collect personal information so that we can invite you to events and communicate new industry and business developments, including advertising new products or services that we offer, to our clients and to those people who have subscribed to our website, alert services or mailing lists.
- Will your personal information be given to anyone else?
Maximus does not sell, rent or trade personal information about you to or with third parties. Personal information may be disclosed outside of Maximus in the circumstances described below.
Maximus may disclose personal information to external service providers who provide services to you and help us operate our business. Examples of our external service providers include, but are not limited to:
- Maximus’s related entities;
- Maximus’s third-party suppliers or providers, including, but not limited to, organisations who provide:
- competency or psychometric tests and assessments,
- experiences for participants as part of our offerings and programs,
- data storage and archiving,
- information technology and other software and systems,
- printing services,
- advertising and marketing agencies who assist us with our campaigns and programs,
- research organisations and consultants who conduct research,
on behalf of Maximus.
If Maximus engages external service providers, Maximus takes steps to ensure that those external service providers:
- comply with the APPs when they handle personal information about you, and
- are authorised only to use personal information that we provide to them for the limited purposes specified in our agreement with them.
Otherwise, Maximus will only disclose personal information if this is required by law or permitted under the Privacy Act. Maximus is also bound by professional obligations of confidentiality, including in relation to personal information.
- Security of personal information
Maximus takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of the personal information we hold from loss, unauthorised access, and misuse. The use of locks and security systems assist Maximus in protecting your personal information. Your personal information may be stored in hard copy documents, or electronically on Maximus’s software or systems. When no longer required, personal information is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted. In addition, all Maximus employees are required, as a condition of employment, to treat personal information held by Maximus as confidential.
- Access and correction
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to:
- seek access to your personal information handled by Maximus,
- ask us to update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, and
- opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us.
If you wish to access the personal information that Maximus holds about you, please set out your request in writing, and forward this to our Privacy Officer.
To provide you with access to your personal information held by us on our current records, Maximus can provide you with a copy of the relevant personal information (ordinarily, an electronic print-out or a photocopy). Maximus will not charge you for the cost of providing this type of access to these current records.
For legal and administrative reasons, Maximus may also archive non-current records containing personal information, such as back up data files and offsite storage.
If you are of the view that personal information about you is inaccurate or out of date, or if you have any other queries about access and correction, please contact our Privacy Officer.
- Online privacy issues
When you visit our website, a small data file called a “cookie” is stored on your computer or mobile device by our server.
Sometimes our website contains links to other websites, for your convenience and information. When you access a website other than www.maximus.com.au, please understand that Maximus is not responsible for the privacy practices of that website.
- Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about how Maximus handles your personal information, please contact us setting out your complaint in writing, and forward it to our Privacy Officer.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information or complaints as quickly as possible and will endeavour to respond to you within a reasonable timeframe.
- How do we handle the personal information of job applicants?
Maximus collects personal information about and from individuals who apply for employment with Maximus or as an associate or third-party contractor. The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, the job applicant’s:
- personal contact details,
- educational and employment history, and qualifications,
- eligibility to work in Australia, and
- referee’s contact details.
We may collect this information directly from the job applicant or indirectly from a third-party, including from a recruitment agency.
If necessary, we will also collect information about applicants from referees and from professional social networking websites like LinkedIn. If the applicant proceeds to the interview stage, we will collect information about the applicant’s performance during the interview process and psychometric testing.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to process or assess your job application.
Maximus uses the personal information we collect about job applicants to assess their eligibility and suitability for employment with our business. Generally, our assessment of applicant’s personal information will relate to a particular role. However, we may also retain and use applicant’s personal information to assess their suitability for other roles with the firm. We do not disclose the personal information we collect from applicants to any other person or entity.
- How do we handle the personal information of participants undertaking competency or psychometric testing and assessment?
Maximus collects personal information about and from individuals who undertake competency or psychometric testing and assessment.
The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, the participant’s:
- personal contact details, date of birth and gender,
- results of competency or psychometric testing and assessments conducted and provided by a third party.
We may collect this information directly from the participant or indirectly from a third-party, including from your employer or an organisation you wish to seek employment with.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to allow you to participate in testing or assessments.
Maximus may provide the personal information we collect and the results of your competency or psychometric testing and assessments to a third-party including your employer or an organisation you wish to seek employment with.
Generally, our collection of a participant’s personal information will relate to particular testing or assessments. We do not disclose the personal information we collect from participants to any other person or entity unrelated to the operating of our business.
Maximus use third-party providers to conduct competency or psychometric testing and assessments. Maximus may disclose your personal information to external service providers who provide services to you and help us operate our business. We also may request that you provide your personal information directly to a third-party. We suggest that you also make your own enquiries into a third-party’s use of that personal information.
- How do we handle the personal information of participants taking part in an experience as part of a Maximus offering or program?
Maximus collects personal information about and from individuals who take part in an experience as part of a Maximus offering or program.
The information we collect includes, but is not limited to, the participant’s:
- personal contact details and date of birth,
- next of kin or emergency contact details,
- medical details including current or past medical conditions, doctor’s contact details, and medicate and health insurance details,
- wellbeing details including current or past medical and wellbeing conditions, and doctor’s or treating professional’s contact details.
We may collect this information directly from the participant or indirectly from a third-party, including from your employer.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to allow you to participate in an offering or program.
Maximus uses the personal information we collect about participants to assess their current medical and wellbeing state so they can safely participate in an offering or program.
Generally, our collection of a participant’s personal information will relate to a particular offering or program. We do not disclose the personal information we collect from participants to any other person or entity unrelated to the operating of our business.
Maximus use third-party providers to facilitate some of our offerings or programs. Maximus may disclose your personal information to external service providers who provide services to you and help us operate our business. We also may request that you provide your personal information directly to a third-party. We suggest that you also make your own enquiries into a third-party’s use of that personal information.
- Additional privacy information and how to contact Maximus
Post to: Privacy Officer
Maximus International Pty Limited
Suite 127 Jones Bay Wharf
26-32 Pirrama Road
Pyrmont NSW 2009
Telephone: + 61 2 9216 2800